Santa Maria Campus Clinic
Due to the generosity of community funders, we can provide support to those who cannot afford care.
Low income-qualified families currently utilizing a need-based assistance program such as MediCal, MediCaid, WIC, CalWORKS, BIA general assistance, CalFresh, SSI, SSD, Section 8 housing, or major VA disability can receive assistance. If you would like to see if your circumstances qualify, view our requirements here:
The Santa Barbara & Santa Maria Valley Humane Societies offer a medical assistance program in support of our community members who are in need.
- Client must provide proof of public assistance. Limited exceptions can be made at the discretion of the VP of Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Practice Manager.
- Assistance is intended for one visit per pet.
- Additional assistance/visits must be approved on a case by case basis by VP of Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Practice Manager.
- Because we are donor-funded, we encourage our pet owners to pay whatever portion of services they can afford.
- Unfortunately, we cannot support any medical conditions that require hospitalization through this fund at this time.
- If we are unable to provide care due to our limitations or restricted conditions, we will provide you with recommendations for veterinary care/services. If suffering is present and humane euthanasia is recommended, we can provide assistance.
All clinic visits are scheduled by appointment only. Review our services and book at the link below.
(Includes pain medication and e-collar):
2 – 30 lbs. $125
31 – 60 lbs. $150
61 – 90 lbs. $200
91+ lbs. $250
Additional services that may be required:
Cryptorchid- Testicle(s) not descended $40 – $100
Umbilical Hernia Repair $30 – $75
Dewclaw Removals $50 – $150
IV Catheter & Fluids* $50
Pre-Operative Blood Work** $70
*We recommend IV catheters & fluid support for surgery patients aged five to seven. This service is required for all patients eight or older.
** We recommend pre-operative blood work for surgery patients aged five to seven. This service is required for all patients eight or older. This should be completed at least 24 hours before surgery is performed.
To schedule services click here.
Vaccination and Deworming Services
Rabies vaccine: $15.00
Distemper-Parvo vaccine: $20.00
Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccine: $20.00
Leptospirosis vaccine: $20.00
K9 Influenza Bivalent vaccine: $25.00
Heartworm test: $25.00
PureVax Rabies vaccine (1 year): $20.00
PureVax Rabies vaccine (3 year): $60.00
FVRCP vaccine: $20.00
Feline Leukemia vaccine: $20.00*
FIV/FeLV Test: $40.00
*All cats must be tested for Leukemia prior to beginning Leukemia vaccination series.
Roundworm & Hookworm Deworming: $10.00
Tapeworm Deworming (2-30 lbs.): $20.00
Tapeworm Deworming (31+ lbs.): $40.00
Nexgard Oral Flea Control: $19.00 (1-month supply)
Bravecto Flea Control: $57.00 (3-month supply)
Additional Veterinary Services
To schedule services, click here.
If you have additional questions, call us at 805-964-4777 x 320
or email [email protected].
We also offer limited preventative medications for sale in our clinics. These include flea and heartworm medications. To inquire about contactless pickup, please call our campus office.
Other Services Supported:
- Skin infections, allergies, and other skin conditions
- Ear infections and other ear problems
- Eye conditions and problems
- Anal gland expression
- Fecal testing
- Wound care for cuts, scrapes, bites, and other injuries
- Abscesses, some mass removals, and some other surgeries
- Blood tests and lab work
- Dental cleanings and extractions
- End of life counseling and euthanasia