School of Behavior
When you are ready to put a smile on the face of your dog and instill confidence in both of your skills, we are here to help. Through our Confident Canine School of Behavior, we offer courses for your dog from puppy to adult and even those who need a refresher.
The staff at the Santa Barbara & Santa Maria Valley Humane Societies are focused on strengthening the connection between human and pet. By improving communication between human and dogs we can help you create a healthy, happy, lifelong partnership.
Our Behavior Team members are highly trained and experienced in the modern, humane, and effective use of force-free, reward-based training techniques. We do not use coercive methods that employ fear, pain, intimidation, or outdated notions of dominance. As a result, dogs learn to trust their human handlers, strengthening the bond between dog and owner.
Please note that it is mandatory that you register and attend an Introduction to Dog Training class before you begin regular classes.
Choose the campus near you to see which classes are available for you and your beloved companion.
POLICIES & GUIDELINES
- Adult dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations
- Attendees must be accompanied by an adult if under 18
- At least one adult present for every child under the age of 14
- Attendees must wear closed-toed shoes
- Class participants must wear a face covering
- Please practice social distancing and stay six feet from other participants
- No more than two people from each family group can attend class
- Please do not attend class if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever or coughing.